Come climbing with the South Side Chamber of Commerce and ASCEND Pittsburgh. All you need to do is wear comfortable loose fitting clothing and ASCEND will provide climbing shoes and a safety and facility orientation.
ASCEND Pittsburgh is a bouldering-centric, indoor rock climbing gym housed within a 27,000 sq. foot, second floor space located here in the historic South Side at 2141 Mary Street.
This is a FREE event, courtesy of ASCEND Pittsburgh! However, in support of the Southwestern Pennsylvania Climbers Coalition (SWPACC), donations of $5 or more are encouraged.
The SWPACC is organized solely as a charitable and educational organization to promote responsible development and preservation of climbing resources in Southwest Pennsylvania.
Please wear comfortable/loose fitting clothing.
- ASCEND will provide climbing shoes.
- ASCEND will provide a safety and facility orientation that contains some basic instruction.
- Each participant will have the option to rent a harness to use the rope-wall for $3 per person.
- Everyone must complete an online waiver before you climb!
- Please enjoy ASCEND’s wide-range of concessions to help fuel your climbing muscles!